How to register
Creating an account and login to the course is not necessary to access its content, but it is necessary if you want to pass the final test.
To open an account you need to click on the “Registration” link in the upper right corner of the web page. When Registration page opens you need to fill in your information. You’ll be able to choose your username and password. When you fill in your information click the “Register” button.
It is important that the registration form specify a valid e-mail address in order to get your username and password and to access the course. Also, if you lose your password, you can request it to be re-sent. The option through which you can request that we re-submit a password can be found at the Login page.
Only if you open your account, you will be able to access the final test.
How to follow the course
The course consists of four modules, each of which contains a number of lessons related to some of the aspects of human security. These four modules are:Module 1 – The concept of human security, which includes the following lessons:
- History of, and Rationale for the Concept of Human Security (HS)
- UN Approach to Human Security
- Canada / R2P Concept / Approach
- LSE Approach to Human Security
- EU Human Security Approach
- The Vital Core of Human Security
- Human Security Policies
- Promotion and implementation of human security policies at various levels
- Stakeholders of the human security concept
- Research Methodologies of Different Approaches to HS
- Quantitative Research Methodologies and Monitoring of HS
- Qualitative Research Methodologies and Monitoring of HS
- HS Index and International Comparisons
- Gender based violence as a human security issue
- Peer-to-Peer Violence in the light of HS
- Workplace Violence in Light of HS
- Health as human security
- Migration and human security
- Arms control and human security
We recommend you to move through the modules from 1 to 4, but it is technically possible to change the order in which you acquire knowledge. You can choose modules from the horizontal menu on the home page.
How to complete the test/gain certificate
You can access the test through the horizontal navigation menu at the top of the page by clicking on “Test”.
Access to the test is provided only to those who have opened an account and registered, using username and password.
To pass the test you need to have 80% of correct answers to the questions offered.
If you fail to pass the test, you can do it again at any time, but only if you have registered.
After passing the test, you will get an e-mail with a certificate confirming that you have successfully completed the course.
To be able to use all the contents of the course, you need to access it using one of the newer versions of internet browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Opera. If you have an older version of the program, you can download a free new version online: